Friday, June 10, 2011

Amazing Crock Pot Mac & Cheese

I can't tell you how excited I was when I was making this dish!!!

I was just hungry for it I spose, and couldn't keep my nose out of the crockpot!

It's a wonder it ever finished cooking!

I just knew I'd have to try it when I saw the recipe at Lark's Country Heart

I'm always a sucker for anything cheesey, especially when it includes cream cheese! This is definitely creamy dreamy...

It will be made and enjoyed in my kitchen again...and again.



AMAZING CROCKPOT MAC 'N' CHEESE

1 - 16 ozs. pkg. of macaroni
20 ozs. sharp cheddar, or your choice, shredded
1 - 8 ozs. cream cheese, cubed
1/2 stick of butter or margarine, melted
2 eggs
2 c. milk (I used a little less - you can always add more later)
salt & pepper to taste

First boil pasta until it is half done, about 7 - 8 minutes.
Drain; pour into lightly sprayed crockpot. Add shredded cheese and cream cheese to pasta. (Lark does NOT recommend using pre-shredded - it makes the sauce grainy)

In bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt & pepper; beat well. Add (cooled) melted margarine to egg mixture and blend well. Pour mixture over cheese and pasta.  Stir until all is blended.  Cook on low heat for 2 hrs. stirring occasionally.

Enjoy a wonderful weekend!





Print Friendly and PDF


Linked to Savory Sunday
              Melt in Your Mouth Monday

9 comments :

  1. Mmmmmm. YUMMO! Thank you for sharing, I have been looking for a crockpot mac and cheese recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Marsha,
    I've never made Mac & Cheese in the Crock Pot. This looks awesome!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous, and made in a crock pot! Totally awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you try it...you want, well NEED it again huh?! :) I believe we are cut from the same cloth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good! I bet the cream cheese and cheddar make the perfect cheesy combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great...I'll definitely have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh yum!! This looks great! Thanks for linking this up to savory sunday!!


    (did you change your blog design lately? i really like it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love my crockpot sounds amazing and oh so easy come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I featured this recipe on my blog today...loved it! Thanks!
    http://www.morethanmundane.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly