Thursday, June 23, 2011

Kansas Cucumber Salad

credit: La Grande's Farmer's Market

Tis the season for fresh veggies...
and this is my favorite thing to do with cucumbers.

We found them recently on sale for 50 cents each - and they were large ones!

Hope you enjoy this quick and easy salad.  We eat it up quickly.  I also love serving it on top of fresh chopped tomatoes. The sauce goes great with that combination.

I've been making this recipe for many years, and think I found it in a Taste of Home magazine.  

Enjoy every crunchy bite!


KANSAS CUCUMBER SALAD

1 c. (lite) mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1/4 c. sugar (I use Splenda)
1/4 c. vinegar
1/2 tsp. dill weed, optional
1/2 tsp. salt, optional
4 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (4 - 5 cups)
3 green onions, sliced

In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dill and salt.  Add cukes and onions; toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. 

Yield: 6 - 8 servings

For variety - use half mayonnaise and half sour cream.




Print Friendly and PDF





3 comments :

  1. It's just not summer without a cool, refreshing cucumber salad. I love dill in a creamy sauce like this one. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found myself a great cucumber salad recipe. The flavors sound fantastic. I don't make this very often because I haven't found a recipe I like. Thanks Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have made this too, Marsha. Except I use F.F. Sour Cream instead of the dressing. And for fun, I add in a few chopped up Pepperchini's.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly