Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Peach Cobbler or Peach Cobbler Cake

Don't you just love connecting with new blogging friends?

I am just lovin' getting to know some of my co-bloggers and followers too, via email, Facebook, and just leaving comments for each other.

It wasn't long ago that Lark of Lark's Country Heart & I crossed paths and within a few days, she felt like a sister to me.

Some folks are just warm and easy to get to know that way.

Besides having our own blogs, we are both cookbook authors and that's a pretty cool connection!  We both enjoy sending (snail mail no less) cards.

I believe our apron strings are tied to each other because we enjoy the same kind of style of cooking too. Can't count the times I have gasped and giggled because she's making one of my favorite dishes!

Her comments and emails are always a bright spot in my day. 

I'm thrilled that she's going to be doing a guest post for me - right here! - tomorrow. 

Lark shares recipes at a community website and I had such a good time reviewing them....wanting to make them all!!

I had to start somewhere, so I chose this one to make first.

I wasn't disappointed!

The dough tastes much like shortcake....as in, strawberry shortcake, only with peaches. 

I loved that it's a one-bowl dish too, and I stirred it with a spoon, so it made for easy clean up as well.

No mixer needed!



The only thing I can imagine would make this dish better would be to use fresh home canned peaches...which I didn't have, but I grew up on them and do remember their comforting flavor.

Of course, you could top it with some whipped topping or even ice cream, but I was totally happy to eat it warm soon after taking it out of the oven.

It would be good topped with toasted pecans also! 

I copied/pasted from the Lincoln County Central website where Lark shares her recipes.  This is how her post reads...

Lark’s Recipe of the Week: Peach Cobbler



I thought I would share a dessert that I grew up with. One of the reasons I like this recipe so much is that it does not have the drop “biscuit”-type topping. This is more of a very moist “cake-like” crust. It tastes great warm from the oven or cooled. My Dad’s way of eating it was with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. I prefer it with a dollop of Cool Whip. Whatever way you choose to eat it, I am sure it will become a favorite for your family.


1/2 C. Margarine, melted
2 C. Flour
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1 TBSP. Baking Powder
1 1/2 C. Milk
1 Qt. Peaches w/ juice


Preheat oven to 350

Melt Margarine and set aside. In a mixing bowl stir together flour,sugar and baking powder. Add in melted butter, it will be lumpy. Pour milk in and beat until smooth.

In a lightly sprayed 9×13 pan, pour the batter. Next take out the peaches and layer them on top of the batter. Finish it off by pouring the juice over top.

Bake for an hour. It will be a nice golden brown with the center set. You shouldn’t have to cook longer than an hour.


                                         @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@



I had already made that delicious dish using Lark's recipe, and then came across this idea -

Easy Peach Cobbler Cake from This Mommy Cooks

She shares a homemade cake mix recipe that she used to make this dish.  Check her out! 

3 comments :

  1. I grabbed this recipe on CCAA launch day. I will be making this real soon. It looks like an old fashioned peach cobbler. The kind I remember eating as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know I changed my blog url from eating in winnipeg to http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/ hope to have you come over there and follow me there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try this, Marsha! I never made it before.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly