Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Church Window Candy

Here's a fun and kid-friendly recipe I thought would be great for Easter.  (Though I did make it for Christmas and saved the recipe for now=).

This was one of my mama's favorite recipes and my kids always think of her when I make it.

It's also in my cookbook.  (Page 141=)

It's just sooo colorful isn't it??

YUUUMMMMMM-YYYYYYY too!

I like that it can be made days ahead and refrigerated until ready to slice and serve.

Only 5 simple ingredients! And only a few minutes to put together too!

Have fun with it and enjoy every marshmallow-y bite!!


CHURCH WINDOW CANDY

1/3 c. margarine
1 - (12 ozs) pkg. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 - (16 ozs) bag colored mini marshmallows
1 c. chopped nuts
1 c. shredded coconut

Melt margarine and chocolate chips together. (I do it on medium power in the microwave, being careful to stir often).  Cool slightly. Stir in marshmallows and nuts.  On two long pieces of waxed paper, sprinkle coconut in a line on each. Drop mixture into a roll on top of the coconut; sprinkle with more coconut on top before wrapping up tightly in the waxed paper; refrigerate. 

When chilled, remove paper and slice into pretty slices.

            Crazy Sweet Tuesday
       Mop it up Monday


Mixitup

16 comments :

  1. I love chocolate covered marshmallows so this looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!!!! I remember this recipe from long ago. Thanks for the delicious reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful way to bring in Spring...it looks so pretty! I know the kids would love this since it has chocolate AND marshmallows :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those would look so nice in an Easter basket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this brings back memories. This is one of my favorites from my grandma. She didn't use coconut, though. She rolled the "logs" into crushed up graham crackers. Yum!

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you have one of my favorite blogs, I chose you to tag in my blog post! You can read it here.

    Handcrafted By Mary Ann Miller

    http://handcraftedbymaryannmiller.blogspot.com

    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never made these before! They look so cool and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to make some of this for my step-father. He loves chocolate and marshmallows. I would have to leave out the coconut though. Do you think I could replace the coconut with rice krispies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh my grandma used to make this at Christmas time. Never thought about doing this at Easter but am so doing this... I love this...thanks for the memories....isn't that what cooking is all about :) love it... and love your jelly bean background

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome recipe! These are totally perfect for Easter. Or anytime, because I'd inhale them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great recipe! Thanks for posting. Would love for you to share at http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/p/link-party.html
    Thanks! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum. We made this awhile ago and my kids loved it! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday! Hope you come again to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for linking up last week! This is so fun...I've featured you at today's Mop It Up Mondays! Have a wonderful week!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good! I love chocolate and marshmellow together. I would love it if you would post this on my first linky party, Dare to Share.

    Pam
    http://pamspartyplanning.blogspot.com/2012/03/dare-to-share-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly