Sunday, September 16, 2012

{Skinny} Caramel Pumpkin Spice Frappe (& Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Latte)

Oh how I love me some coffee...

HOT or COLD. 

Just the smell of it brewing in the morning makes my heart do a flip flop 
and gets me going.

(Just so you know...we 'do' coffee in our home the scriptural way...
HE BREWS....=)  

I also love caramel...and pumpkin...and these yummy fall spices. 

This cold coffee drink is creamy and sweet...reminds you of pumpkin pie!

With whipped cream even!!!! 

I have to admit though...I'm not sure where I found this lovely recipe. 
Even after I googled it...there are soooo many similar recipes to be found, so I just have to say...

I'M SORRY to the one whose recipe this originally belonged to.

(UPDATE: I found out where I saw this recipe and want to give credit to
Peanut Butter and Peppers  for her "Drink Your Pie" recipe!!

Thanks so much Jennifer!)

I adapted it anyway....the original recipe didn't call for the caramel, but since I have sugar-free caramel coffee syrup on hand, I wanted to add it to make this even more special....more ME. *I*  

IT.WAS.SO.GOOOOOD!

Hope you enjoy it soon...maybe drinking it on the back deck on a cool fall morning?  Whatever time of day you choose to treat yourself, you're sure to be happy you tried it.  It's great that you can use decaf if you want to sip it in the evening. You might even considering sharing with a friend??? If you can.....
If you MUST.  

I had coconut milk in the pantry, but no doubt, you can substitute whatever you have on hand....2%...almond milk....1/2 & 1/2...whatever...
the creamier, the better. 

You just need to plan ahead because, for best results, the coffee needs to be partially frozen.

(don't worry...it really isn't going to spill being sideways like that=) 


SKINNY CARAMEL PUMPKIN SPICE FRAPPE

1-1/2 c. coffee, frozen, partially thawed 
(I had some caramel VIA Starbucks single serve packets - I used 1-1/2)
3 Tb. pumpkin, canned
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
(click here for my homemade recipe for p.p.spice)
1 tsp. granulated stevia 
(Or add liquid to taste)
1/2 c. unsweetened coconut milk
(I added a little more for consistency)
1/2 tsp. (Torani) caramel coffee syrup, optional
(I have sugar free)
2 Tb. whipped cream, fat free
1 dash ground cinnamon 
fat free caramel ice cream topping...just for pampering

In a blender, add coffee, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, stevia, coconut milk
and caramel syrup.  Blend til smooth. Pour into glasses and top with whipped cream and sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzle with caramel. 

Yield: 2+ cups

And just in case you are so inclined, you'd prefer something hot, here's
my recipe for Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Latte.  Your house will smell heavenly while this simmers.  



Linked to Mix it up Monday
             Mop it up Monday
             Whatcha Whipped up Wednesday
Weekend Potluck

6 comments :

  1. Wow, this looks great! I'm all about pumpkin these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Your recipe is just about identical as mine!! I love this drink it's one of my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN NOT WAIT TO TRY THIS! All caps for my excitement. Yummy! Now I am headed to explore your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my gosh, this sounds delicious! I would love to have you come and share this at our Pumpkin Linky Party. Thanks. Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2012/09/thirty-days-of-pumpkins.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!

    I would love if you would link up to the Fall into the Holidays blog hop!

    http://redcrowgreencrow.wordpress.com/2012/09/16/fall-into-the-holidays-2-happy-misgivings-day/

    Katie @ Horrific Knits

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly