Thursday, September 26, 2013

1-Minute Healthy Deep-Dish Breakfast "Cupcake" Cookie

Hankerin' for something sweet to begin...or end...your day?

This yummy cookie is awesome with a cold glass of milk, or a hot cup of coffee! 

And it's a "Healthier Option"...how can ya beat that???

I was so tickled to find this recipe at Pink Recipe Box. And thank Nicky kindly for sharing it with BlogLand. 

I added a little bit of flax seed meal - it not only adds health benefits,
but gives the cookie just a little bit of a nutty flavor too. 
It's optional of course.

I also used plain Greek yogurt instead of just plain ol' yogurt.
Love adding protein whenever possible. 

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.  It doesn't really have the texture of a cookie...it's more like cake...and oh so awesome to enjoy while warm. 

Enjoy it for breakfast tomorrow. It will ready to eat in just a matter of minutes.  It's a nice big serving too!!!!!!!!!!

PERFECT!! 



1-MINUTE HEALTHY DEEP-DISH BREAKFAST COOKIE 
  • 1/4 c. oats
  • (I used quick)
  • 2 Tb. (white) whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 Tb. brown sugar
  • 1 Tb. (dark) chocolate chips 
  • (plus extra for topping if you want to splurge)
  • 1/2 tsp. flax seed meal, optional
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 Tb. peanut butter
  • (I used a heaping TB) 
  • 3 Tb. fat-free plain (Greek) yogurt

  • In medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking soda, sugar, chocolate chips and flax seed meal. Add wet ingredients: vanilla, peanut butter and yogurt; stir well until smooth.

  • Spoon into a bowl, mug or ramekin (I sprayed mine with nonstick cooking spray); microwave on high 1 minute. (I have a high powered microwave, so I only cooked mine 50 seconds). Begin checking at 45 so you don't over cook. 
  • (I'll take gooey over dry any day!=) 

  • Top with extra chocolate chips if desired and let stand a few minutes to cool slightly before serving.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly