Thursday, September 5, 2013

E-Z Poppy-Sesame Rolls

I love using frozen or refrigerated biscuit/bread dough, so when I came across this simple recipe in a FIRST FOR WOMEN magazine, I knew I'd have to try it.

I changed it up by using the frozen rolls (instead of loaves called for in recipe) I had on hand. And I used 2 balls per biscuit instead of the 3 balls in the ingredient list in the magazine.  I also rolled the dough in the mixture instead of just pouring it over the top as suggested. 

They were very tasty and fast.  I allowed them to raise for about 15 minutes before baking, but if you don't have the time, you can skip that step and they'll be great. 

These would be good to make ahead and freeze sealed tight in a ziploc bag.
Pull them out as needed, wrap in a paper towel and microwave, or bake them, to reheat. 



E-Z POPPY-SESAME ROLLS

2 Tb. olive oil
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tb. parmesan cheese, optional
1 frozen loaf bread dough, thawed
(I had frozen rolls on hand)
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1/2 tsp. poppy seeds

Heat oven to 350. Grease 12 - cup muffin pan. 

In bowl, combine olive oil, garlic powder & parmesan. 

Cut (loaf) dough into 36 equal parts (or cut rolls in half); roll each into a ball.  Place 2 - 3 balls into each well of muffin cup. If you have time, allow to raise, covered, for 15 minutes.  If not, just place in preheated oven and bake 10 minutes or until rolls are golden brown.  Serve warm. 

Yield: 12 rolls 



2 comments :

  1. Hi Marsha!

    Funny you should mention frozen bread dough. Just today I uncovered an old Rhodes Frozen bread dough cookbook that I put on the side for "some day." After seeing how easy your Poppy-Sesame Rolls were and knowing how heavenly they must taste, I better save this recipe for "some day" too!

    Thanks for sharing, Marsha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Rhodes frozen bread dough often, and your Roll recipe sounds delicious! =)

    Pinning to my Bread board!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly