Thursday, September 12, 2013

Nutty Brown Sugar Apple Dip

I think having dip for apple slices is about the coolest treat a kid can have for an after school snack.

And this dip is what you want for your kiddos!

I adapted a recipe found at Cindy's Skip to my Lou....I added applesauce, used less sugar and topped it with chopped peanuts.  

M-M-M-Good! 

The nuts are optional of course, but they add a nice crunch for those who don't have an allergy problem.

Simple & Easy! And your kids just may eat more apples because of it. 

I love any recipe with only a few ingredients - in this case, 5! 

NUTTY BROWN SUGAR APPLE DIP

1 (8 ozs) (lite) cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
chopped peanuts for garnish 

In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, applesauce and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Pour into bowl. Just before serving, top with chopped peanuts.  Refrigerate leftovers...if there are any!

2 comments :

  1. Oh this sounds so good! I like the addition of peanuts, because with the brown sugar in the dip and peanuts on top, it reminds me of caramel apples in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect Fall treat, dear Marsha. xo

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly