Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub

I not only enjoy giving scrubs as gifts, I love using them and trying new recipes.

So when I came across this recipe at Sewlicious Home Decor, I knew I was going to have to try it.  I substituted part white sugar for the brown, and reduced the oil from 1/2 c. to 1/3 c. You can always add a little more if you desire. 

I like my oils to leave me feeling soft, but not greasy. 

And I LOVE that Marti also shares a free printable to add to your container.
Go to her site (at the link above) and check that out.  It's simple, easy and FREE! Adds a special touch too. 

I guess you could add 'coconut' to the title of this recipe, as it does contain coconut oil. You can use other oils if that's all you have on hand. (I've used canola or olive oils in other recipes).

This simple scrub smells (& tastes!;-) wonderful, and leaves your hands, feet, elbows, knees, etc. feeling smooth and soft. With summer in our minds now, this scrub will help you feel like showing off your hands and feet more. 

Try it soon. 



CINNAMON VANILLA SUGAR SCRUB

3 c. brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
2 Tb. cinnamon 
2/3 - 3/4 c. honey
1/3 c. coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla

In glass bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Add honey, oil and vanilla; stir well.  Place into jars or plastic containers. 





















Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly