Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Glazed Carrots & Pineapple

I know...maybe you're sick of food for a few days...fixing it OR eating it!
We do tend to overdo on holidays sometimes huh? 

I always THINK I'm going to keep our brunch simple, but it always ends up seeming like it's just too much! 

Well even if you don't want to do much cooking in the next few days, I do hope you'll consider fixing this dish soon.  It's OH SO tasty. It would be a great addition to any meal. 

I have always loved 'dressing up' veggies. I think it makes them a little more inviting, especially for those who aren't wild about veggies.

When I saw this lovely recipe Sheena was sharing at 
Hot Eats & Cool Reads I knew I would be adding it to our Easter brunch.  It was delicious...and so were the few leftovers!

I reduced the amount of sugar, just because we all need to limit our intake, so feel free to add more brown sugar, if that's not a problem for you. 

AND THE NEXT TIME...I will sprinkle it with toasted almonds for a special touch!!!!! 


GLAZED CARROTS & PINEAPPLE 

2 c. baby carrots
1- (20 oz.) can pineapple tidbits or chunks, drained
4 tsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
(I used a heaping 1/4 c.)
1 Tb. butter
black pepper to taste

Steam or boil the carrots in a medium saucepan until crisp tender; drain.

Remove from pan.

In a small dish, combine a small amount of the pineapple juice from the can and the cornstarch until smooth. Pour the rest of the pineapple juice into the saucepan. Add cinnamon, brown sugar, butter and black pepper. Bring to a boil, add the cornstarch mixture and cook and stir for 3 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the carrots and pineapple; heat until hot. 


Linked to Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly