Tuesday, April 8, 2014

No Bake Cocoa Bars {5 Ingredients}

I love Mommy's Kitchen! Tina's recipes are right up my alley. I have to believe we are SISTERS OF THE TASTE BUDS! =) After seeing this recipe, I knew I would be making these simple (5 basic ingredient) treat. 

And it's done and ready to chill in just a few minutes! 

I love that they're somewhat healthy too...using peanut butter,coconut oil, and honey too. I prefer using agave nectar because it doesn't spike sugar levels like honey does. 

I have been using coconut oil for some time and love it, but rest assured, you don't taste coconut when using it.

And I guess I'm drawn to this kind of recipe...these similar, but different, recipes have already been posted on my blog....

No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Bites ....
Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Granola Bites

The simplicity of this creamy recipe is that you can change up the flavor of the chocolate chips, adding coconut or nuts if desired. 

I had some shelled pistachios on hand so I chopped a few of those and added for crunch. 

I would suggest not using quick oats...the old fashioned adds great texture to these tasty bars. 

I shared with some neighbors and they went crazy over them.
My hubby was calling them fudge....so besides being quick and easy, they are fudgy, creamy and mighty tasty. 

I think the photo looks as if it has coconut, but it does not. It must be how the oats look after cutting through them.  Next time I will add coconut though. OR...I may try adding a tsp. of instant coffee!! 


NO BAKE COCOA BARS 

1 c.  (natural) peanut butter 
2/3 c.  honey (or agave nectar)
1/2 c. coconut oil (do not substitute) 
1-1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips 
2 c. old fashioned oats (not quick)


Line 9" X 13" baking pan with non stick foil (or spray regular foil with non stick cooking spray). In a medium saucepan, melt together peanut butter, honey and coconut oil.



Remove from heat; add chocolate chips. Stir until melted and smooth. Stir in oats until well blended.  Refrigerate mixture until hardened, about 1 hour.  Cut into bars; store leftovers in the refrigerator. 

Yields: 18 - 20 bars 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly