Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Simple & Creamy Pea Salad

WELCOME JULY!!! 

This month, I'm hoping to share mostly recipes that won't heat up the kitchen..here's how we begin....*-*  


I'm always looking for something quick and easy to add to a summertime menu. 

When I saw this lovely creation at Jamie's Love Bakes Good Cakes I was
tickled to be reminded of one of my MIL's speciality dishes, so it's something I chose to make for my hubby for Father's Day.

Oh so simple - delicious - easy!! 

My dear MIL always added chopped eggs, which I forgot because I was whipping up several dishes that day.  We love it with eggs, but I guess they are optional. 

I found meunster cheese on sale, so I used that instead of the mozzarella, but to each his/her own. *-* 

You could also make this a crunchy salad by topping with cashews. 
MMMMM! 

Just a little bit of chopping and you're all set to create a lovely summertime salad.  Perfect for BBQ's or potlucks. 

This recipe can easily be doubled. 


CREAMY PEA SALAD 


1 bag (16 oz.) frozen peas, thawed and drained
1/2 c. diced cheddar cheese
1/2 c. meunster, monterey jack or mozzarella cheese, diced
1/4 c. (red) onion, diced
2 - 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped, optional
1 c. Miracle Whip or mayo
salt and pepper, to taste
 5 or 6 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate until serving. (You may top the salad with the bacon crumbles before serving).

Yield: 4 - 5 servings

Linked to GBP Roundup - Quick & Easy
Meal Plan Monday
Weekend Potluck


You might also like this 

Easy Fruit Salad



or this tasty 

Kansas Cucumber Salad



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly