Saturday, July 12, 2014

Skinny Frozen Hot Chocolate

If you've been with me very long, you know I am always trying a new smoothie or cold beverage, especially during the summer months.  In the cold months, then it's a warm beverage to get me going. 

I've seen MANY recipes for frozen hot chocolate - some even using frozen bananas, but this one from Gina's Skinny Taste is the one I went with, and I'm so glad I did.

I changed it up to reduce a few more calories, and used a sugar free packet of hot cocoa mix. Ovaltine gives it a rich chocolate flavor also. 

I was so excited about drinking it, I wish I would have taken time to top it with whipped cream (as well as the whipped topping IN the drink). 

After taking photos on my deck, I sat down in the swing and 'chilled' while I enjoyed my cooling frozen drink.  MMMM!

IT.WAS.AWESOME!


SKINNY FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE 

  • 1-1/2 c. fat free milk
  • 1 pkt. (sugar free) hot cocoa mix 
  • (or 4 Tb. Ovaltine)
  • 1 Tb. unsweetened baking cocoa
  • 2 Tb. fat free whipped topping (optional)
  • drop of peppermint extract (optional)
  • 1 c. ice
  • 1 - 2 pkts. sweetener (Stevia, etc) or sugar, to taste, optional

Pour the milk into your blender. Add cocoa mix, baking cocoa and whipped topping (or top off your drink with it.) Then add ice. And sweetener.

Blend about 3 minutes until the ice is completely chopped and the mixture is thick and icy. Serve immediately.

Yield: 2 servings 

You might also enjoy this wonderful
Healthy Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie


Linked to Weekend Potluck




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly