Thursday, October 23, 2014

Caramel Apple Fluff Dip


I decided to add the word "Fluff" to this luscious dip recipe I saw over at 

I think the fact is has added marshmallow fluff, sets it apart from other apple dips. 

You know Holly has the very best recipes...and the greatest photos too! 
I think we share taste buds. I love her simple dishes.  If you've not stopped by her blog before, you're missing out.  Please hop over there and tell her I said hello. 

Anyway - tis the season...for apples, and dipping.  I've wanted to make this terrific dip and was so glad I did.

It would be perfect for any fall party.  I drizzled some caramel syrup in a spiral over the top, THEN had to cut up my apples (what was I thinking!!!!) so it kinda all ran together by the time I took a photo.

This dip is light, creamy and thick too.  I sprinkled a few toffee pieces over the top, but you can opt not to do that, or sprinkle the toffee and not drizzle the caramel. 

You can even reduce some of the sugar if you want to make it a bit lighter.
Marshmallow cream IS fat free after all.  ;-} I used just a little less of that too.


CARAMEL APPLE FLUFF DIP

1 (8 ozs) pkg. (lite) cream cheese, room temp
1/4 c. packed brown sugar, optional
1/4 c. caramel ice cream topping
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 - 1 c. marshmallow fluff 
3 green or red apples

In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel topping and vanilla together until smooth. (It's best to use a hand mixer). Add marshmallow fluff and beat on low until combined. 

To keep apples from browning, use:

1/2 c. water & 1 Tb. lemon juice, combined
OR
1/2 c. pineapple juice
OR
1/2 c. Sprite or 7-up

Soak apple slices for at least 5 minutes in your choice of solution.

After soaking, drain off the liquid and store them in a ziploc bag in the fridge. Squeeze as much air as possible before sealing. The apples stay fresh and and crisp this way. You'll be ready to enjoy this yummy dip any time.   And the kids can enjoy it for an after school snack! 


Linked to Weekend Potluck





Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment :

  1. I just made this! I tasted it and it’s so good. I didn’t even put in the brown sugar. 😘

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly