Sunday, October 26, 2014

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Treats (Naturally Sweetened)

M-M-M-M-M-M-M!!! 

This is one very satisfying sweet treat, especially while I'm trying to drop a few (few? teehee) pounds. 

I need chocolate...and I need something sweet...while I try to cut way back on carbs.  I added the crisp cereal to the top layer because I'm all about crunch!

I don't have to feel a bit guilty about enjoying this wonderful snack.

I so adore the smoothness you get when you use coconut oil. 
I sweetened this with agave nectar...feel free to use honey if you prefer. 


CHOCOLATE & PEANUT BUTTER TREATS
(NO SUGAR ADDED)

3/4 c. natural salted peanut butter
1/4 c. coconut oil
2 Tb. agave nectar, or raw honey

Warm peanut butter and coconut oil together until melted. (A few seconds in the microwave does the trick) Stir in agave and pour into mini muffin pans (about 24) or just a small pan. (The oil keeps them from sticking). Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the second layer. 

Chocolate Layer:

2 Tb. coconut oil
2 Tb. butter (nor margarine)
2 Tb. agave nectar, or honey
2 Tb. unsweetened baking cocoa
about 1/3 (brown) rice krispies cereal, optional
 

Melt coconut oil and butter together; stir in agave and baking cocoa, stirring until smooth. Add cereal; stir to coat. Pour over top of peanut butter layer. Place in freezer for about 15 more minutes...they should be ready for you to enjoy!  Store in the refrigerator.

Linked to Weekend Potluck


You may also like these no sugar added recipes...


 

 







Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly