Thursday, December 11, 2014

Fruited Raisin Oatmeal Mix (Gift Giving Idea)

I keep thinking of recipes I've had in my file for the last year, and am shocked when I haven't thought of it before. I've been making this recipe for quite a few years. 

I bagged this up and gave as gifts to our 'seniors', the JOY class 
(Just Older Youth) Sunday School class that my husband teaches.  That way, the recipients can enjoy them when they want.

They are just delicious with dried apples and/or banana chips and/or raisins. 

I also used xylitol for the white sugar to lower the sugar content... you can reduce the salt too (or reduced sodium salt) for those who need to watch that. 

Consider giving these as a gift to the newspaper or mail delivery person.  It's always a good, healthy 'warm up' after a cold day outside.  Keep it on hand for yourself!  We eat a lot of oatmeal during the cold months, even in the evenings.

How I love practical gift-giving ideas like this.  



FRUITED RAISIN OATMEAL MIX 

6 c. quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. chopped dried apples or dried banana chips
(use any flavor combo of dried fruit - I have used apricots also)
1/4 c. sugar (or substitute)
1/4 c. packed brown sugar (or Splenda brown sugar)
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. salt

In large bowl, combine all ingredients.  For gift giving, divide mix into two batches; store in airtight containers in a cool dry place for up to 1 month. 
 Yield: 7 cups of mix. 

Directions for one serving: In large microwave -safe bowl, combine 1/2 c. oat mixture, and 3/4 c. water.  Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir.  Cook 20 - 50 seconds longer or until bubbly.  Let stand for 1 - 2 minutes before eating. 

You can find many printables if you just google them....

This link to Organized Christmas has SO many cute gift ideas...

Linked to Weekend Potluck

You might also like to give...














Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly