Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Homemade (Condensed) Cream of Chicken Soup


Always love being able to DIY (or Do It MYself!)

I often use canned soups...I'm not against that at all, but sometimes when you run out, it's great to be able to make your own.

This recipe is simple and doesn't have the 'additives' that store-purchased canned soups do. 

It seems like it makes more than 2 cans worth, but I simply divided it in half and it worked out fine for my recipes.  I just didn't add the extra liquid called for in the recipe I was using.  

I'm sure you can judge that for yourself. 

It worked great in my recipe for Easy Turkey Pot Pie.

I chose to add 2 tsp. chicken soup base and reduce the amount of salt,
but that's an option, so do whatever you prefer. 

You're Welcome! 


HOMEMADE CONDENSED CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP 

2-1/2 c. chicken broth
1-1/2 c. (2%) milk
3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 Tb. seasoning mix
(or use 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
and 3/4 to 1 tsp. salt
a dash of paprika &
1/2 tsp. dried parsley, optional)
2 tsp. chicken soup base, optional

In large saucepan, combine broth with 1/2 c. milk; bring to low boil. Reduce heat to medium low. 

In small bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Add remaining milk (1 cup). Whisk until smooth. 

Add flour mixture to broth mixture in pan; whisk constantly as mixture simmers and thickens. It will take about 10 minutes. 

Use in your favorite recipe or store in fridge for up to a week. 

Yield: equivalent to 2 cans cream of chicken soup 


Linked to Weekend Potluck


You might like using this soup in these recipes...
(Just don't add the extra liquid called for in the recipe)










Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly